Things I’ve learned from Bohemian style…

Bohemian – Day 30

Bohemian_lemons

It is with great sadness that today marks the last day of April and therefore, the last day I will be wearing Bohemian style.  I’d like to share a few things I’ve learned from a look I have a whole new appreciation, understanding and love for –

Bohemian clothes are priced right – The most wallet-friendly of all the looks so far, I was able to find my entire bohemian wardrobe, including shoes, belts and a purse, at thrift and consignment stores.  This gave me enough left-over money to get a beaded African bowl (you can never have too many), buy my guitar back from a friend and invested in some really safe, high-yield mutual funds.  I’m just kidding on the last one!  I actually just bought some more pot.

Bohemian_guitar

Big, flowing gypsy-style skirts scare pigs – This is not particularly valuable information for most people, but very valuable information for all pigs.

People don’t expect much from Bohemians – It’s a great time to lower your standards and leave your Filofax behind.  No one expects you to be on time.  No one expects you to be prepared.  No one expects you to be in charge.  It’s like you’re taking a vacation from being a grown-up.  It’s wonderful, really.

Bohemian_Buddha

Shoes, shoes, shoes – Bohemians demand excellence in only three areas of life – The food must be healthy, the music must be awesome and the footwear must be comfortable.  Words to live by.

Bohemian clothes work for all body types – Nothing is too tight.  Nothing is too short.  No matter how I was feeling (bloated, tired, flabby or all three), I never minded putting this style on.  I always felt put together and comfortable at the same time.  Wear Bohemian clothes.  Love them.  Love yourself.

Bohemian_fashion van

Tomorrow is the dawn of a whole new look and all I can say is that it is NOTHING LIKE BOHEMIAN….

Be afraid.  Be very afraid…

• Charulat says:

I really like and appreciate your blog article.Really looking forward to read more. Really Great.
    wholesale hippy fashion

• April says:

Wow! I love, love, love your experiments! I can’t wait to see more. I love how Bohemian looks on you. It gets my vote so far. I want to do this experiment now too!

• Amber says:

Love your blog! If you don’t mind, I’d like to offer one suggestion: perhaps you can try to also play around with hair and makeup to go along with your different styles. Your natural makeup and hairstyle fit pretty well with the bohemian look, but I think it would have really pulled your other looks together if you had changed up your hair and makeup a bit. For example, some smokey eyes or red lips would have worked well with the rocker look. For the American classic maybe a bit more polished hair, with some head bands. And light makeup, but def some more color in your lips and cheeks, and play up the eyes a bit, but nothing too overboard for this look of course. Hope you don’t mind the suggestion, I just think it’ll really top off your style nicely. :)

I so need to do something with my hair and make up and I’m so bad at it! It’s like by the time I’ve figured out the clothes, I can’t even be bothered with the hair. But you’re right — I especially need to up my game with make up for American classic.

• rebecca says:

Can’t wait to see what’s next. Sporty? Country and Western? Steampunk? Tweedpunk? Space Odyssey? So many possibilities…

Space Odyssey! I hadn’t considered that one. I like it. I love steam punk and might do that one some time this year. And definitely sporty (after I get in shape!)

• Jo Flemings says:

I love your blog!!!!

• Diane says:

Just found your blog and it is hilarious! I’m looking forward to your May outfit posts.

Thanks! May is going to be a crazy month for me for style — the look is so not me, but it’ll be fun.

• Finicky Cat says:

You rocked all these outfits…looking so put-together and at easy that I’m jealous…and those colours are really marvellous on you. We wait with bated breath for tomorrow!