Hippie and Artsy Mom illustrations on pinterest…

Okay, I swear, I’m going to stop posting illustrations very soon.  I’ve got two more up right now — Hippie and Artsy Mom — all really fun.  All worth taking a look-see.

My book is coming out next Monday and if I look at it, proof it, or make any more changes on it, I am going to go completely insane.  Do you know that feeling?  You have some work project and you just stare and stare at it and immerse yourself in it until you… well, completely hate it?  That’s where I am.  I’ve had several dreams where I’m proofing my book and suddenly notice that a huge section is missing or all my writing is gone and the book is just scribbles.  This whole process has reminded me how nice it is to be an adult and that I no longer ever have to go to school.  In fact, I don’t ever have to learn another thing if I don’t want to!  And after my book comes out, that is exactly what I plan on doing.

So click here if you’d like to see the Artsy Mom illustrations —

ArtyJewelry

And here if you’d like to see the Hippie illustrations —

HippieHobo

Enjoy!  I have a little time before I pick up my kids from school, so I guess I’m going to go look at my book again… (Tears start brimming in my eyes.  Guttural whimpering begins…)

• Ginny says:

The star necklace brought back lots of memories from the 70’s. Every girl worth her Sweet Honesty perfume had a star necklace. :)

• Holly Hester says:

I love the star necklace. It kind of reminds me of that necklace Sarah Jessica Parker had on Sex in the City — the one that just said, “Carrie”. (I’ve never heard of Sweet Honesty perfume! I am Googling it! I used to wear jean Na te after bath splash — don’t think I’m spelling it right….)

• Becky says:

I have 1 asymmetrical top. I spend the entire day trying to adjust the collar so it doesn’t hang so low on the one side… I have 1 butterfly sleeve sweater that my mother made me and it’s lovely. But, I spend the entire day rolling up the sleeves so I don’t drag them through crap. This is how we know my body is Arty but my mind is Classic and apparently mind trumps body. The big question is, what do Feet trump in the fashion rock/paper/scissors?

• Holly Hester says:

Yes, arty clothes (clothes as art) are not that functional some times. I almost set myself on fire because I was cooking wearing a butterfly sleeve top! And I don’t know what your feet trump — something really comfy perhaps?

• tuckenvillage@gmail.com says:

I love the artsy look! Dying to go shopping with your book IN HAND!

• Holly Hester says:

Yes! That’s the idea! I always bring pictures of what I want to stores now — it makes it so much easier to explain to the people that work there what I’m looking for!